Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing 8

This one has consumed me for several days. In fact, I was thinkning about it while trying to sleep last night - this is not supposed to be happening in June!! I have very little time in my life to read, read, read information on the internet. Therefore, I rarely visit sites with daily updates. So, it's taken some thought to see how I could benefit from this.

I subscribed to Google Reader and found it easy to use. I linked up with one of their Bundles dealing with Photography. Over the past few days, I've viewed the updates.

I realized that I could use this on my school website to notify students when there is an update to my calendar or other pertinent information.

Libraries could use this to keep up-to-date on research information taking place or community changes that are happening that could impact their school (ie., School Awards or Competitions, Disasters (local or national), Re-zoning information, TAKS test results)

The process to make it work is Really Simple but I need more time to put it to use.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

You have given this thing a lot of thought. Sometimes the use for a tool lurks in the background but comes forward when it is needed. Awareness is important, too! :)