Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing 15 - Library 2.0

The video was quite interesting. I had my husband watch it and we discussed it. Initially, I was in favor of the students, wanting more technology and less human interaction and lecture. However, speech is the most important form of communication. As a mother, what did I encourage my young children to do - speak, ask questions and listen to me do the same. It is only after a strong background in speech can we become proficient in reading and writing (working with technology).

Question: Will colleges always teach through lectures? Could technology someday replace lectures COMPLETELY???!!! (I hope not - Am I too old and small-minded??)

Library 2.0 is doing a great job keeping the on-line library more accessible and up-to-date. What a difficult job! These guys MUST think outside the box!

No comments: